Fear and worry are two blocks to your building the confidence, focus and success you desire. But, how can you shift the energy from fear and worry to trust and confidence? Here is an exercise from my book, Leadership Energy: Unlocking the Secrets to Your Success.
- What is one area in which you currently feel fear or worry? What physical symptoms do you recognize that let you know you are fearful or anxious? If you are not used to connecting emotional responses to physical symptoms, this may seem uncomfortable at first. If you only identify one symptom, that is progress! The more often you do this exercise, the more awareness you will create.
- On a scale of 1-10 (1-low; 10-high) how strong is the fear or worry?
- What would it look like if you improved the score by 2 points? Not perfect – just 2 points. Focus on the physical sensations you would be experiencing. Remember, iTrust is a physical template created by an emotional experience. Where would you feel it differently in your body? How would you notice the difference?
- The following is a list of activities that assist in shifting from closed iTrust energy to open iTrust energy. Choose one of these activities.
- Foot massage
- Pounding your feet on the floor several times a day
- Walk barefoot outside in the grass or sand
- Sit with your back against a tree
- Play with children
- Do some gardening
- Implement the activity you have chosen for just one day.
- At the end of the day, answer these questions:
- Has your worry or fear score changed today?
- Will you use the technique you chose again tomorrow?
- If yes, continue tomorrow and answer these same questions at the end of the day.
- If no, choose another suggested technique. Try it for one day and answer these questions again.
FREE LEADERSHIP ENERGY ASSESSMENTClick here.