An important component of communication is body language. Your words may say one thing but your body language speaks volumes. You need to be present with your whole body. Eye contact, open arms, and head nodding all indicate you are present, listening and working to understand. Here are examples of body language messages.
- Tightly folded arms and crossed feet: skeptical/defensive
- Chin stroking: making a decision
- Fist on check, index finger pointing upward: listening with interest
- Hands clasped at chin, elbow on table: defensive/evaluating
- Rubbing hands together: excitement/optimism
- Hand over mouth: skepticism, evaluation, or suppressing deceit
Chewing tips of fingers: anxiety
FREE LEADERSHIP ENERGY ASSESSMENTClick here.