YOU! RIGHT NOW! What are you grateful for?
Creating intention and awareness of the practice of gratitude can open so many doors for you, you will hardly believe it!!!
I know you know this is true BUT do you really practice gratitude?
In my book, Leadership Energy: Unlocking the Secrets to Your Success, I provide an action learning exercise to build gratitude into your daily routine. Here is the exercise from the book:
The goal of this exercise is to build the practice of gratitude into your daily life.
- Think about your typical day. Are there recurring events that happen during your day? Here are a few examples:
- Traveling by car to client meetings every day.
- Having several meetings away from your office every day.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day.
The activity itself is not important. The important element is that you experience it as a daily event.
- You will now create the trigger connection to cause a gratitude moment. When this event occurs is when you will identify what you are grateful at that moment. Here are a few examples:
- You travel by car to client meetings each day. Your trigger event will be stopping at a stoplight. Each time you stop at a stoplight you will ask yourself “What am I grateful for at this moment?” Answer the question and continue on with your day.
- You have a day full of meetings outside your office every day. Your trigger event will be walking to the meeting. Each time you walk to a meeting you will ask yourself “What am I grateful for at this moment?” Answer the question and continue on with your day.
- You brush your teeth twice a day. Putting toothpaste on the toothbrush will be your trigger moment. Each time you put toothpaste on your toothbrush you will ask yourself “What am I grateful for at this moment?” Answer the question and continue on with your day.
- That’s it! Stay committed to this practice and notice what happens to you and your energy.
FREE LEADERSHIP ENERGY ASSESSMENTClick here.