Once you listen empathically, now you can move to ACTIVE listening. Active listening involves rephrasing and reflecting on what was said. You goal is to clarify understanding, gain more information and move toward the answer, action or solution.
Examples of Paraphrasing:
- What I hearing you say is________. Is that right?
- In other words, you ______ (think, feel that) _____.
- It sounds as if you’re saying __________________.
- Let me make sure I’ve got this right. You ______________.
Examples of empathic listening:
- It sounds as if you feel ________ (feeling), because _________ (reason).
- It must be ____________ (feeling) when _____________ (reason).
- I can understand that_________ (reason) would make you feel _________ (feeling).
FREE LEADERSHIP ENERGY ASSESSMENTClick here.